Jesus Said

I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no one goes to my Father except by Me.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Here are some latest photos of my 'tumbunas' in Perth.
Melwin, their friend & soccer star Jordan

The Family without Dad, Khally, Jordan, Odilla, Melwin &
Joy

Hello Ba!
I'm sure I have been keeping everyone waiting to know what's happening with everyone here in Perth.
Since the last time I've written to you Year 11 National Exams have come and gone.
I am very pleased to let you all know that I have done very well and all my teachers have been pleased with my results.
I sat my exams on the 3rd and 4th week of school this term.


Ba, it is now winter and it's very very cold. Usually when you meet a person and ask them how they are feeling they are sure to respond "I'm freezing cold." It has happened almost everytime whenever I ask someone. 


Youth has been great. We have had many inspiring messages from the Lord this year. The word that has come strongly this year is "To Be Like Jesus" and "To Be The Salt and the Light" to other young people around us. I have been asked by our youth pastors' Luke and Renae to share and lead discussions as well as prayer and praise and worship. I have met different youths from different backgrounds not only in the Youth but at school as well. I have met and befriended young people both girls and boys who believe in different gods, who are raised up in separated and broken homes, who face serious health problems, who are affected by partying, drugs and alcohol, stress, depression and cuicidal attempts. Many times being around them is just plain scary and its very tough but it's all worth it because at the end of the day, they've learnt a bit more about Jesus and his love, his acceptance and forgiveness for everyone. I never realised the opportunity I had back in Goroka, my friends at school, neighbours or just random people on the street, I had that opportunity to talk to them or to invite them to fellowship and yet I didn't but now that I am in a different environment with different young people from different backgrounds, my eyes are open to the reality of life and reality of people out there in the world and the great need for JESUS. It is now a very great challenge not only for me, but for your lewa Joy, your mates Melwin and Jordan, Mummy and Papa. We continue to thank God each day for the strength he fillls us with and the courage and confidence He has given to share the light and love of Jesus to others. I encourage you all and especially the youths, you have to realise that opportunity you have to reach out to your friends and people on the street and your neighbours and be thankful for the fact that most of them aren't exposed to foreign religions like Hinduism or Buddhism. Grasp that opportunity and make the most of it.


Ba have a wonderful day!
Our warmest greetings to all our loved ones!
Hope to hear from you soon!


Love
Nang Khally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny Youths on the Move

Destiny Youths on the Move
Papa Spizh has both feet planted on the golden sandy beach at Longkuringi and both hands reaching up to the sky...O God thank you for a beautiful place like this...perhaps is on his mind...

(from left) Joel, Evelyn, Chris and Elvis. Evelyn is now in Kavieng, Elvis in Gaulim Teachers College, ENB, Chris working and Joel still studying at GSS DODL